27 Best Decorative Boxes
When it comes to coffee table decor and styling bookshelves, decorative boxes are my secret weapon. Home decor that serves a purpose? Sign me up! Not only are decorative boxes pretty to look at, but they also keep my surfaces organized and clutter-free. I took notice of boxes when I first visited the Made Goods showroom. I cannot afford that particular brand, it’s like the Gucci of home decor, but gawd it’s beautiful to look at. My first impression of decorative boxes was, “These are so pretty, but what the heck would I store in them?” Believe me when I say I found all the things. Open my boxes, and you’ll find everything from remotes to coasters to pens to hair ties…oh, and one contains a bunch of antique glass eyes. Lessons are learned if you’re a guest snooping around my decor. After searching high and low, here are the best decorative boxes I could find.
Best Decorative Boxes With Lids
They come in every shape, size, color, and style. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Black and White Bone Tile Box – SHOP HERE
- White Cement Box With Graphic Lines – SHOP HERE
- Set Of 2 Decorative Bone Boxes – SHOP HERE
- Rattan Box with Glass Lid – SHOP HERE
- Affordable Brass and Glass Display Box – SHOP HERE
- Sculpted Green Marble Box – SHOP HERE
- Round Onyx Box – SHOP HERE
- Affordable Bone Inlay Box (available in other styles and colors) – SHOP HERE
- Set of 3 Faux Shagreen Boxes – SHOP HERE
- Burlwood Decorative Box – SHOP HERE
- Black Hexagon Box – SHOP HERE
- Burnt Horn Boxes – SHOP HERE
- Black and White Stripe Box – SHOP HERE
- Set of 2 Aged Leather Round Boxes – SHOP HERE
- Set of 3 Shell Encrusted Decorative Boxes – SHOP HERE
- Pyramid Black Marble Box – SHOP HERE
- Large Black and White Lacquer Box – SHOP HERE
- Mixed Marble Design Box – SHOP HERE
Best Decorative Boxes For Organization
If you have to store something in plain sight, it might as well look beautiful, am I right? Oh, and you can DIY these. All you need is a cardboard box or shoe box and gift wrap. By changing the color and appearance, you just leveled up your decor. You can also wrap your cardboard box in felt and add some leather straps or a fun little tassel with a hot glue gun. If you want to add custom labels, check out Cricut machines. I’m constantly playing around with mine. If you don’t want to make your own, here are a few decorative storage boxes you can buy online, and I’m gonna lump baskets in with these boxes as well. My blog, my rules, right?
- Woven Felt With Leather Handles – SHOP HERE
- Seagrass Decorative Storage Boxes – SHOP HERE
- Decorative Closet Storage Box – SHOP HERE
- Coiled Rope Basket – SHOP HERE
- Woven Basket with Feet – SHOP HERE
- Set of 3 Open Spaces Boxes with Wooden Lids – SHOP HERE
- Handwoven Storage Basket – SHOP HERE
- Cream Storage Box (also available in gray) – SHOP HERE
- Set of 2 Leather Baskets – SHOP HERE
I love the look of these leather storage bins. They are the perfect size for wrangling all the throws I’m pulling out for fall.
Give Decorative Boxes As A Gift
Gotta a friend who just bought a new home, and you’re looking for the perfect hostess gift? Yes, a candle or bottle of wine is a perfectly acceptable gift, but think outside the box…or wait…maybe just think of a box? Giving a decorative box for a gift is a unique idea, and they come in every shape, color, and style. Fill it with your friend’s favorite candy, gift card, or maybe just gift them the box.
Look For Vintage Decorative Boxes At Estate Sales
What’s box wars? She and another dealer spend months stocking up on vintage decorative boxes and compete to see who can source the most to sell at 214 Modern in High Point. Why do they do this? Because decorative boxes are the first decor item to sell out. They truly are the interior designer’s secret weapon when styling a room. If you shop estate sales or vintage shops, you know what to keep your eyes peeled for now.
Discover More Home Decor Inspiration
Holy moly! I was chosen to be one of the One Room Challenge Featured Designers! I’m gearing up to give my home office a makeover, and I’m also going to create a space for a home gym!
I attended High Point Furniture Market to check out all the new furniture that would be debuting. Here are the interior design trends to look for this year.
Looking to decorate on a budget? Check out these clever ideas.
Wanna make your home look expensive when you don’t have the luxury of a high budget? Try this!
If you’re looking to replace your ceiling lights, here are a few boob light alternatives.
Bobby Berk told me he has always invested in quality bedding. Here’s the ultimate guide to the best sheets and bedding.