When this leather backpack caught my eye. The Boy just shook his head and asked, “do you really need another bag?” Dude, I always NEED another backpack, and yes, definitely this one. Besides, this isn’t just a backpack, it’s a rucksack, and everyone needs a rucksack. What if I spontaneously decide to go on a bougie hiking adventure? It would be adorable to say, “Hey, could you hand me my rucksack?” (Especially if I had a fancy accent.)
A daily work commute and college trek from classroom to dorm room can take its toll on a backpack. They’re overstuffed and loaded up with books, laptops, papers, and, if you’re me, a toy dinosaur and batman figurine. You name it; I probably have it tucked away in my backpack. After scouring interwebs for cute backpacks, I rounded up the best of the bunch and to share them with you today. Which of these cute backpacks below would you choose?
Cute Backpacks For Work, Travel, and School
- Tumi Black Carson Backpack – The reviews on the Voyageur Hilden backpack show that a 13″ laptop doesn’t fit, so I must have the Carson because I have no issue fitting my 15″ MacBook Pro inside this bag, so be sure to double-check your measurements. This bag is padded, lightweight, and has soooooo many compartments! It’s hands down my favorite travel backpack. There’s even a waterproof water bottle compartment on the side, and a compartment specifically made to wrangle all your tech cords. Also, it’s the perfect carry-on when traveling because it fits under the seat in front of you and has a panel that slips over a roller bag handle.
- Clare V Remi Backpack – As a long-time fan of Clare V (I’m talking Clare Vivian era), these cute backpacks will stand the test of time. Plus, they are high-quality bags. This backpack will hold up to a 14″ laptop, is leather, and is super roomie with tons of compartments. You can check out my other Clare V picks over on my unique gift ideas for her round-up.
- Herschel Retreat Backpack – I couldn’t do a round-up of cute backpacks without mentioning this one by Herschel – yes, another classic that you cannot go wrong with. And just like the Fjallraven Kanken, it comes in a multitude of colors.
- Affordable Vintage Inspired Backpack – Unlike the three preceding backpacks, this cutie pie is incredibly budget-friendly, coming in under $35, and it fits a 15″ laptop. It’s water-resistant and comes with a USB charging port for your tech.
- Fjallraven Kanken Backpack – I don’t think I can think of a more classic backpack than this Swedish special, and I think my favorite thing about it is that it comes in over 30 different colors.Calpak Kaya Laptop Backpack – If faux leather is your jam, this backpack is for you. This cutie reminds me of the sleek look of the Tumi Carson backpack without as high of a price tag – it’s still pricey but rings in under $130. This bag will hold a 15″ laptop, has tons of pockets, comes in multiple colors, and also has a panel that slips over a roller bag handle. Super convenient if you travel for work.
More Cute Backpacks For Everyday
7. Vegan Leather Laptop Backpack – This backpack is made of vegan leather and will totally hold a 15″ laptop. It comes in 11 different colors (I think beige is my favorite, but I also love the navy backpack with brown straps.) The structured look of this bag elevates the look.
8. Madewell Leather Rucksack – This cute leather backpack has been going for over 10 years, so Imma call it a classic. It’s available in black and brown, and yes, I have owned this bag. It doesn’t have a protective sleeve for a laptop, but if you feel comfortable carrying it, this backpack will fit a 14″. You can also customize it with a fun bag strap.
9. Hesche Leather Backpack – This bag reminds me of the Tumi Just In Case Bag (and they are about the same price), except this one is leather and comes in 4 different colors. It’s a great daypack for a shopping adventure, but don’t expect this to hold a laptop.
10. Tumi Voyageur Just In Case Travel Backpack – If I’m venturing down to Chicago or at the flea market, again, it’s Tumi for me. This was gifted to me when I went to the Cambria creative workshop in Minneapolis. Legit, is the best swag gift ever. Much like the larger version listed above, it has a ton of compartments, lots of room, and is lightweight. I would carry this more like a purse than a backpack, though. So if you’re headed back to school, get the larger backpack.
11. Guess Large Nylon Backpack – The Prada nylon backpack is still trending in the world of fashion, but if you don’t have $2k to shell out and be a purist, this Guess nylon backpack will give you the look for less. It even has a triangular patch!
12. Mismo Canvas Backpack — If you’re an OG reader, you may recognize this cute backpack because, technically, this is an old post from 2013, way back when I first started blogging, and I finally updated it with what you see above. All these years later, this cute backpack with leather straps is still a favorite and comes in multiple colors. Just be sure to toggle to USD, or you’ll be paying in Euros upon checkout.
Discover More Eclectic Home Decor
The Primrose mirror has been trending, and finally, I’ve been able to source some great Anthropologie mirror dupes.
Learn how to choose the right area rug size for a living room.
God, I love those What’s In My Bag posts, so of course, I had to share one of my own.
Last Updated on January 27, 2023 by Kyla Herbes