Last Updated on August 24, 2023
When this leather backpack caught my eye, the Boy just shook his head and asked, “do you really need another bag?” Dude, I always NEED another backpack, and yes, definitely this one. Besides, this isn’t just a backpack, it’s a rucksack, and everyone needs a stylish rucksack. What if I spontaneously decide to go on a bougie hiking adventure? It would be adorable to say, “Hey, could you hand me my rucksack?” (Especially if I had a fancy accent.)
RELATED: Check out these updated dorm room decorating ideas to jazz up your college space.
Table of Contents
Cute Backpacks For Work, Travel, and School
A daily work commute and college trek from classroom to dorm room can take its toll on a stylish backpack. They’re overstuffed and loaded with cute school supplies, books, laptops, papers, and, if you’re me, a toy dinosaur and batman figurine. You name it; I probably have it tucked away in my backpack. After scouring interwebs for cute school backpacks (and laptop backpacks), I rounded up the best of the bunch to share them with you today. Which of these cute backpacks below would you choose?
RELATED: The 90s are back baby, so don’t miss this epic round up of the best denim skirts to elevate your closet.
Collection Of Cute Backpacks, Including My Favorite Travel Bag That Fits A Laptop
- Tumi Black Carson Backpack – The reviews on the Voyageur Hilden backpack show that a 13-inch laptop doesn’t fit, so I must have the Carson because I have no issue fitting my 15-inch MacBook Pro inside this bag, so be sure to double-check your measurements. This bag has a special laptop compartment that is padded and has soooooo many interior pockets, including a large main compartment, including a front pocket for easy access! The best part is there’s even a waterproof compartment on the side, perfect for any water bottle that may leak. Also, it’s the perfect carry-on when traveling because it fits under the seat in front of you and has a panel that slips over a roller bag handle. I’m going to name this one of the best stylish travel backpacks. Price range is on the high side, but it’s completely worth it.
- Clare V Remi Backpack – As a long-time fan of Clare V (it’s a fave brand—I’m talking Clare Vivian era), these cute backpacks are high quality that will stand the test of time. This backpack will hold up to a 14-inch laptop, is leather, and is super roomie with tons of compartments, including a sleek front pocket. All the teen girls go crazy for Clare V…trust me. You can check out my other Clare V picks on my unique gift ideas for her round-up.
- Herschel Retreat Backpack – I couldn’t do a round-up of the cutest backpacks without mentioning this one by Herschel – yes, another classic design you cannot go wrong with. It’s one of those cool backpacks, and just like the unique design of the Fjallraven Kanken (listed below), it comes in a multitude of colors and also has plenty of side pockets. This is the perfect school bag for high school.
- Affordable Vintage Inspired Backpack – Unlike the three preceding backpacks, this cutie pie is incredibly budget-friendly, comes under $35, and fits a 15-inch laptop. It’s water-resistant and has a USB charging port for your tech and a front pocket.
- Fjallraven Kanken Backpack – I don’t think I can think of a more classic backpack than this Swedish special, and I think my favorite thing about it is that it comes in over 30 different colors—another one of those perfect school bags for high school. It’s one of the best backpacks with a simple design—no fuss for your daily essentials.
- Calpak Kaya Laptop Backpack – If faux leather is your jam, this backpack is for you. This cute design reminds me of the sleek look of the Tumi Carson backpack without as high of a price tag – it’s still pricey but rings in under $130. This bag will hold a 15″ laptop, has tons of pockets, including a front pocket, top carry handle, comes in multiple colors, and a panel that slips over a roller bag handle. Super convenient if you travel for work.
More Cute Backpacks For Everyday
Vegan Leather Laptop Backpack – This backpack is made of vegan leather and has a special laptop compartment that will totally hold a 15-inch laptop with plenty of exterior pockets. It comes in 11 different colors (I think beige is my favorite, but I also love the navy backpack with brown straps.) The structured look of this bag elevates the look.
8. Madewell Leather Rucksack – This leather backpack is one of my all-time favorite cute backpacks and has been for over 10 years, so Imma call it a classic. It’s available in black and brown, and yes, I have owned this bag. It doesn’t have a special laptop pocket, but if you feel comfortable carrying it, this backpack will fit a 14-inch laptop in its roomy main compartment. It also has a front pouch. You can also customize it with a fun bag strap.
9. Hesche Leather Backpack – This bag reminds me of the Tumi Just In Case Bag (and they are about the same price), except this one is leather and comes in 4 different colors. This aesthetic backpack has an elegant design so it’s a great daypack for a shopping adventure, but don’t expect this to hold a laptop. It’s not a mini backpack, but it is a smaller bag.
10. Tumi Voyageur Just In Case Travel Backpack – If I’m venturing down to Chicago or at the flea market, again, it’s Tumi for me. This was gifted to me when I went to the Cambria creative workshop in Minneapolis. Legit, is the best swag gift ever. Much like the larger version listed above, it has a ton of interior pockets, enough room for all your must haves, and is lightweight. I would carry this more like a purse than a backpack, though. So if you’re headed back to school, get the larger backpack. Again, it’s not a mini backpack, but it is too small to be a work backpack.
11. Guess Large Nylon Backpack – The Prada nylon backpack is still trending in the world of fashion, but if you don’t have $2k to shell out and be a purist, this Guess nylon backpack will give you the look for less. It even has a triangular patch!
12. Mismo Canvas Backpack — If you’re an OG reader, you may recognize this cute backpack because, technically, this is an old post from 2013, way back when I first started blogging, and I finally updated it with what you see above. All these years later, this cute backpack is still a fashion statement with its leather straps is still a favorite and comes in multiple colors and small front slip pockets. Just be sure to toggle to USD, or you’ll be paying in Euros upon checkout.
Discover More Eclectic Home Decor
The Primrose mirror has been trending, and finally, I’ve been able to source some great Anthropologie mirror dupes.
Make this artificial flower arrangement in resin DIY with this easy tutorial.
Looking for something out of the ordinary? Check out these unique modern vases that add a touch of artistry and elegance to your home decor.
Cane and rattan are trending hard in the interior design world. Find the Best Cane Furniture online shopping sources.
Have you noticed the cute mushroom decor that is popping up everywhere? Jump on this trend with my top decor picks!
Learn my genius ways on how to hang art and nail the height like a pro.
Add a bit of sparkle to your room with a melted disco ball.