DIY Watercolor Mug

My most favorite DIY is this tutorial on how to Marble Dipped Mugs. The marbling almost looks like a watercolor. All you need is some nail polish, a mug, warm water and a tooth pick. Best part, it's an easy DIY and takes less then 5 minutes. You can marble anything with nail polish. A mug, vase, Christmas ornament, paper, fingernails. Yes anything! But this tutorial is just how to marble dip mugs. houseofhipsters.com/ House Of Hipsters home decor and DIY blog

For most of last week I was sick and in bed with the most horrendous cold. After fighting it off for two weeks with the boy and kiddos sick as well, my body finally said uncle, you’ve joined the sick club too lady. Trying to make the most of my down time, I of course perused Pinterest! I’ve been meaning to do a quick and easy DIY on the blog and was looking for some inspiration when found this DIY Watercolor Mug project I thought was super cool! I had seen marbling techniques on nails but on household items, it was soooo fresh. That’s when the lightbulb lit up above my head while sipping on tea and honey out of plain white boring mugs. These puppies could use a bit of pep! Let’s hop outta bed and do this! Here we go! How to create a DIY Watercolor Mug!

Marble Dipped Mug

So there’s a good chance you might have everything you need.

Marble Dipped Mug

THINGS NEED TO CREATE A DIY WATERCOLOR MUG
mug (I got mine from Target)
• nail polish
• old container you do’t mind ruining
• bamboo sker or toothpick
• paper towel or parchment paper

Fill an old container with warm water. The warmer the better. Just be sure it is something you don’t mind having nail polish on since this process can leave some residue behind. When you fill it, don’t fill it too full. Take whatever piece you are going to dip and do a test run.

Marble Dipped Mug

Grab some pretty nail polish from a cupboard in your bathroom. There’s really no need to buy new, and you’ll only need a few drops to make a small swirl. Also, be sure NOT to grab a quick dry polish. Time is of the essence here, we don’t need to shorten our time even more with a quick dry. Also, don’t grab your Essie “Ballet Slippers”. You will want something with some pow! A bright or dark color works well.

Marble Dipped Mug

Marble Dipped Mug

Pour a few drops of polish into the water. Swirl with skewer if necessary.  A film will start to form (it is starting to dry already). Grab your mug because we’re finally ready to create that awesome DIY Watercolor Mug! Dip and swirl to pick up the paint. Place your mug on the paper towel to dry. Don’t touch it until it’s completely dry.

Marble Dipped Mug

Marble Dipped Mug

That’s it guys! That is all you’ve got to do! How cool is that? I think it looks a little like watercolor. What do you think?

Marble Dipped Mug

DIY WATERCOLOR MUG HELPFUL TIPS:

Pour the polish close to the surface of the water. If dropped too high, it will sink to the bottom and not dissipate.

Trying using a plastic Solo cup first to get the hang of it.

Use 2 colors to get a really fun marbling effect.

Don’t use the brush to add the drops, pour it from the bottle.

Your mug is no longer dishwasher safe nor is it microwave safe. And if possible, don’t put the polish on an area where you would have food or place your lips. It’s just not healthy.

Only dip your item once. If you feel like it needs more. Let it dry and start again until you get the desired effect.

This process moves very quickly so be swift on your feet!

Don’t touch the mug until it’s dry. You don’t want to smudge it. If you really messed it up,you can take some nail polish remover to it.

When emptying out the water, be sure to scoop out all the extra polish with paper towel first or you will have a very colorful sink.

Marble Dipped Mug

And that is the easiest way to create a DIY watercolor mug!

1. Grace September 22, 2014

Those sure are purdy, Kyla! Sorry you were so sicky, though! Hope you are on the mend.

• kyla September 22, 2014

On the mend, slowly but surely! Boy, this one was a doozy! Hope you are staying healthy lady!

2. laura irion September 22, 2014

wow, what a cool effect. you’ve got me looking at every ceramic piece in my house to see which one should be a victim. i’d love to try using this to make something pretty for my bookshelves!

• kyla September 22, 2014

Victimize…you crack me up! And OMG, I can’t believe how pretty these turned out!

3. Ada (new york) September 23, 2014

Oooohmygoodness, it turned out so GORGEOUS. (I confess) this is one of those ‘crap, wish I though of it first’ … like those little inventions that you say to yourself “wish i had invented that”. Bravo bravo! Now I need to go to $1.00 store and get white cups to experiment on this DIY. And what the heck …. even when you are feeling under the weather, u r still super creative (AWESOME SAUCE!!). Hope you r feeling better!

• kyla September 23, 2014

The antibiotics have treated me well Ada! Thanks for stopping by! If you try this yourself, you’ll have to post some pictures! Would love to see!

4. Fun tutorial! Just found your blog and love your look. 🙂

• kyla September 24, 2014

Awe, thank you Michelle! And thanks for stopping by my little nook on the internet!

5. Ursula September 23, 2014

Genius and gorgeous! Visiting from The Winthrop Chronicles linky Party 😉 come visit me
    at http://kraftmint.com {modern and quick crafts }

• kyla September 24, 2014

Thanks Ursula and thanks for stopping by!

6. Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus September 25, 2014

So in love with these! Pinning and thanks for linking up with us at the The DIY’ers!

• kyla September 25, 2014

Thanks Ashley! And thanks for stopping by again! You guys are awesome as always!

7. Rachel September 25, 2014

These are gorgeous! I love how simple it is and that every one is unique. I bet a cabinet full of these is like an artpiece! Thanks for linking up on Merry Monday.

• kyla September 25, 2014

Thanks Rachel and thank you so much for stopping by!

8. Rebecka September 26, 2014

do you think if you bake the mugs? like the sharpie-written mugs? that the nail polish will stick and be safer for sink washing and for drinking? you should try it and let us know!

• Jess November 28, 2015

I know someone who did this and baked them at 350 for 30 minutes, it makes them microwave and dishwasher safe

• Nicole Sessions December 23, 2015

That can go in the oven for about 30 mins and they will become microwaveable and dishwasher safe, what kind of dish did they put them in? just curious

9. carolyn | homework September 26, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing on The Inspiration Board at homework. I loved your project and featured you today!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    carolyn ~ homework

• kyla September 28, 2014

Oh WOW! Thank you so much Carolyn! That is awesome!

10. Kathleen September 28, 2014

What pretty mugs. I love them. A great way to jazz up some plain mugs. Thank you for linking up to Tips and Tricks. This will be the feature on Fearlessly Creative Mammas this week. Hope to see you this week.

• kyla September 29, 2014

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the feature! How exciting and I’m so happy you liked them! I will for sure be returning!

11. Lou Lou Girls September 29, 2014

This looks so good! awesome idea. Pinned. We had so much fun partying with you at our last party. We hope to see you tonight’s party at 7 pm. We love to see what you have been working on! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

• kyla September 29, 2014

Thanks Lou Lou Girls! Done and done ladies! Thanks for always hosting a great party!

12. […]     Sissal Rope Basket Dwell Beautiful ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ House of Hipsters ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Pin Junkie ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ […]

• kyla September 29, 2014

Thank you for the awesome feature!

13. […] Sissal Rope Basket Dwell Beautiful ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ House of Hipsters ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Pin Junkie ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ […]

• kyla September 29, 2014

Thank you for the awesome feature!

14. […] Sissal Rope Basket Dwell Beautiful ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ House of Hipsters ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Pin Junkie ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ […]

• kyla September 29, 2014

Thank you for the awesome feature!

15. […] (source) […]

16. […] favorite from last week is this super cute DIY Marble Dipped Mug from House of Hipsters.  Christmas will be here before we know it so I’m currently “collecting” i.e. […]

17. Jessica September 29, 2014

that is beautiful! I LOVE IT so much I need to do it to my cups lol. I know you cant put it in the dishwasher, but have you had any troubles hand washing it? I just dont want it to ever come off lol. I am going to stock up on white mugs from the dollar tree tomorrow to do this YAY!
    thanks for linking up at http://liverandomlysimple.com/totally-terrific-tuesday-linkup-party-1/
    Glad to have you on board!
    Jess

• kyla September 30, 2014

Hey Jessica! So far I’ve had no issues handwashing…but it’s only been a couple weeks.

• Amy July 16, 2015

Hi,

I have tried to using clear finishing spray which has worked wonders! Considering that they are only marbled on the bottom no health risks should occur either (which is what I was worried about)

18. The Saving Cents Mom September 30, 2014

That’s so creative! These would make great gifts for the holidays especially for teachers!

• kyla September 30, 2014

Thank you! They would make a great gift for teachers! And thanks for stopping by!

19. Bev October 1, 2014

How beautiful! Such a pretty way to jazz up some plain mugs. Stopping by from the Wonderful Wednesday Blog hop!

• kyla October 1, 2014

Thanks Bev and thanks for stopping by!

20. Nancherrow October 3, 2014

What a fun and easy project! I guess it’s a good thing you were sick in bed, if it led to such craftiness! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded-just pinned!

Alison
    Nancherrow

• kyla October 3, 2014

HAHA, Thanks Alison! And thanks so much for stopping by!

21. Carmen October 3, 2014

what a great idea!

• kyla October 3, 2014

Thanks Carmen! And thanks for stopping by!

22. michele@hellolovelystudio October 3, 2014

i bow to YOU…this is awesome von awesome. bravo, hipsters!

• kyla October 3, 2014

You just won the award for funniest comment EVER! We must become friends! Love your blog lady. Thanks for visiting my little space on the internets =)

23. OMG! Love it! I love coffe, thus coffee mugs, and now I love you(r idea).

• kyla October 5, 2014

Thanks Mary Elizabeth and thanks for stopping by!

24. Daphne October 5, 2014

What a great idea, I have to try this!

25. Wow, I really love the purple one. What a great idea.

• kyla October 5, 2014

That’s my favorite one as well! Thanks for stopping by! Now I need to make that granola!

26. Jolena @TheRubyKitchen October 5, 2014

These are so unique! I love the look of them. Thanks for sharing 🙂

• kyla October 5, 2014

Thanks Jolena and thanks for stopping by!

27. Stephanie @ mommyzoid October 5, 2014

WOW, this is UNREAL! Thanks for the tutorial! Here’s hoping mine turns out half as nice as yours!

Stephanie @ Mommyzoid

• kyla October 6, 2014

Thanks Stephanie! Glad you stopped by!

28. What a great idea, can’t wait to try it and thanks for linking up at the Project Parade Linky Party.

• kyla October 6, 2014

Thanks Rosemary and thank you for stopping by!

29. Jessica October 6, 2014

Stopping by from LiveRandomlySimple Totally Terrific Tuesday Link Up Party! Thanks for linking up last week! Party is NOW live, hope you can make it back and link up some more awesome content!!
    Jess

30. Angela October 6, 2014

These are so cute! thanks for linking up to DIY Inspired!

• kyla October 7, 2014

Thanks Angela and thank you for stopping by!

31. Project Parade October 7, 2014

[…] something else to do with mugs that don’t require a […]

• kyla October 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the feature!

32. Chloe October 8, 2014

How easy and cool. Definitely giving this a try!

• kyla October 8, 2014

Chloe, they are so easy, it’s crazy! Thanks for stopping by! If you do try it, please upload a picture to my Facebook page. I’d love to see how it turned out!

33. Jennifer Dawn October 8, 2014

These are gorgeous! I love the use of nail polish to make them! I’m featuring this project at my weekly link party! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2014/10/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-111.html

• kyla October 8, 2014

Oh Awesome! THank you so much for the feature! I’m going to go over and stop by now!

34. Work it Wednesday No. 68 October 8, 2014

[…] Coffee Sign from Not a Passing Fancy // Book Page Paper Pumpkin from The Domestic Heart // DIY Marble Dipped Mugs from House of […]

35. […] Coffee Sign from Not a Passing Fancy // Book Page Paper Pumpkin from The Domestic Heart // DIY Marble Dipped Mugs from House of […]

36. […] House of Hipsters […]

37. Jenn @ My Fabuless Life October 8, 2014

This is so freaking cool!!! I think I have a couple of vases that are going to be getting a marble treatment soon!

• kyla October 8, 2014

Jenn, they will look amazing! You’ll have to post a picture of them to my Facebook page so I can see how they turned out!

38. Inspiration2 Link Party October 8, 2014

[…] | DIY Marble Dipped Mugs via House of Hipsters | […]

39. Mindie Hilton October 8, 2014

Featuring Friday at Bacon Time!

• kyla October 9, 2014

Thank you so much Mindie! You are too sweet! Hope you’ve had a better week health wise! Been thinking about you!

40. Pre October 9, 2014

This would be really cute for mugs that are used as pencil holders – or for vases, etc! I probably would not attempt it for mugs that I actually used for food and beverage though, even if the color was not near the mouth/food area.

They would be cute if dipped, dried then dipped in a 2nd color for a layered effect, too.

41. […] House of Hipters […]

42. […] I am in love with these mugs – how smart!  These would make such fun & unique gifts too: […]

43. Natasha in Oz October 9, 2014

Thanks for sharing your post at the Say G’day Saturday Linky Party. I’ve just shared this on Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter.

Hope you can link up with us again this Saturday!

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

• kyla October 9, 2014

Thanks so much Natasha!

44. Natasha Mairs October 10, 2014

Oh wow!! I really love these, the effect looks stunning. I will be featuring these on tomorrows #SerenitySaturday link party x

• kyla October 10, 2014

Awesome! Thank you sooooo much for the feature Natasha! If you try it out, post a picture of it to my Facebook page! I would love to see it!

45. Heloisa October 11, 2014

I was wondering, if “top coated with mod podge would this look stay safe longer?

• kyla October 12, 2014

It might? I’m not as familiar the mod podge. I always look at it in Michael’s…mainly because I love it’s retro looking label =) I tell ya what though, if you try it, would you let me know?

• Heloisa October 12, 2014

sure thing!
        i will do it with only one and see what happens. 🙂

46. Yasmina / Mina and Her Blog October 12, 2014

I am so gonna try this ! In love !!! That’s just clever!

47. […] How to do a marble look on a coffee mug (EASY DIY) […]

48. […] seen so many tutorials for different types of DIY coffee cups, but these Marble Dipped Mugs from House of Hipsters make me swoon.  I have all the supplies and it is definitely a project […]

49. Alexis @ Persia Lou October 20, 2014

Your mugs turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for linking up with us at The Makers. 🙂

50. Lisa at Mabey She Made It October 20, 2014

These are so beautiful~thanks for linking up at Do Tell Tuesday~

51. […] know I have a really good post when I can hardly wait to go live with it. Like my candles or the marbled mugs. I seriously couldn’t wait to post those! The candles took me like a month to […]

52. […] DIY Marble Dipped Mug || House of Hipsters || These are just lovely. […]

53. Carrie This Home October 24, 2014

Sorry to hear you got sick but look at the beautiful project that came out of it! I love that you took an inspiring idea and made it all your own. I’m so glad you shared this at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop–this is going to be one of my features at our next party!

• kyla October 25, 2014

WOW! Thank you so much Carrie! That is awesome!

54. Ntina October 26, 2014

they turned out really beautifull! I’m going to give it a try too! stopping by from Bewitchin’ Projects Block Party

• kyla October 26, 2014

Post a picture of them to my Facebook page…I’d love to see how they turned out! Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

55. Tamara@Etcetorize October 26, 2014

Hi Kyla, You were featured on Etcetorize this week! Stop by and grab a button. I hope you’ll link up again tonight 🙂

• kyla October 26, 2014

Oh awesome! Thank you so much Tamara! See you tonight!

56. […] DIY Marble Dipped Mugs […]

57. Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop October 26, 2014

[…] House of Hipsters took a sick day and made something beautiful with this DIY Marble Dipped Mug. […]

58. […] DIY Marble Dipped Mug […]

59. […] || Lanzhou Beef Noodle Soup || Pumpkin Spice Dutch Baby || Pull Apart Cinnamon Apple Loaf || DIY Candy Wrapper Coin Purse || Fall Wheat Centerpiece || DIY Marble-Dipped Mug […]

60. […] DIY – MARBLE DIPPED MUG by House of Hipster […]

61. […] Marbled Looking Mug – for the coffee or tea […]

62. Inexpensive Handmade Gifts December 1, 2014

[…] 4. Marble-Dipped Mug […]

63. Nikki December 1, 2014

Those cups look beautiful. You should totally be a hand model!! 🙂

• kyla December 1, 2014

Ha! It’s funny you say that Nikki! My mom was a hand model for Avon back in the 70s!

64. Jennie December 2, 2014

Just gorgeous. Pinned this to remind me to make these. We have a bunch of white mugs that are dying to be painted. 🙂 These would make such a great gift…Thanks for the tutorial!

• kyla December 2, 2014

Awesome! So glad you stopped by! Be sure to upload a picture of yours to my Facebook account. I always love to see how everyone’s projects turn out!

65. Charlotte December 14, 2014

Great idea for brightening up the kitchen with such beautiful personalised mugs! I think some of my friends will be getting personalised mugs for Christmas 😉

• kyla December 15, 2014

Oh awesome! Thanks for stopping by Charlotte!

66. […] time of year to get your craft on…I saw this pin and had to make a few..however this pin led me to need to find a much MUCH better pin because I was becoming destined for a pinterest fail […]

67. MsLove December 28, 2014

I saw these and had to give it a try. I wanted to ask you about how they’re holding up these days? Also, do you have any issues with the paint when you put hot liquids in the mugs?

• kyla December 29, 2014

Mine are holding up well! I don’t use them as much for drinking anymore though. I hand washed them a few times which is my least favorite thing to do, so they became pencil holders! LOL! But they look really pretty on my desk, and I can enjoy them every day. How did yours turn out?

68. Yasmin February 1, 2015

Here’s a tip; line your container with glad wrap first s you don’t have to worry about getting nail polish on it! This is a good tutorial. I tried one from another website which says to drip the polish from the applicator, and you end up with splodgy polka dots. NOT the look I was going for!

• kyla February 2, 2015

That’s a really great tip! Thanks for chiming in! And I’m so happy it was a good tutorial for you. Splodgy polka dots is no good!

69. sarah February 21, 2015

Please advise if you could do this using terracotta plant pots or on glass??
    Thank you.
    S x

• kyla February 21, 2015

Hi Sarah! I’ve only done it on these mugs, but I have seen it on glass and it’s gorgeous. Especially in a hot pink. The terra cotta I’m unsure of, but if you try it, let me know. I’d love to hear how it turns out!

70. sarah February 22, 2015

Thank you for your reply!! I will let you know my findings!! X

• kyla February 22, 2015

Awesome! I can’t wait to hear. Good luck!

71. Tips and Tricks 24 March 9, 2015

[…] week’s feature are these DIY Marble Dipped Mugs from House of Hipsters. Aren’t they pretty? I really love them and will be trying them out […]

72. […] DIY – Marble Dipped Mug […]

73. alex March 26, 2015

Hi there, my daughter and I did this recently and are really pleased with the results. Unfortunately we now can’t get rid of the smell of nail polish on the mugs which makes using them rather unpleasant. Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem please x

• kyla March 27, 2015

Hi Alex, I’m so sorry you are having that problem. Oddly, mine do not smell. Maybe it’s the polish? When you paint your nails with it, does the smell stick around?

• alex March 27, 2015

Not sure as I rarely paint my nails, I’ll do so now, if it still smells I’ll take it of the mugs and start over with different polish.

74. Theresa @DearCreatives March 30, 2015

Love the marble dipped mugs. Might have to try this sometime.

• kyla April 6, 2015

Oh you should! They are so fun to do!

75. […] Marble Dipped Mug | via houseofhipsters.com […]

76. […] you like this DIY, you might also like this Modern Dreamcatcher or these Marble Dipped Mugs. (Yep, that’s nail […]

77. […] you like this DIY, be sure to check my others like these Fancy Labels or these DIY Marble Dipped Mugs! But first, be sure to stop on over to Live Laugh Rowe to see how I made this DIY Yarn Tapestry. […]

78. iLike.mk May 4, 2015

[…] Извор: houseofhipsters.com […]

79. brendid May 5, 2015

Love this idea! The mugs are beautiful! Stopping by from the Creative Inspiration Link Party.

80. This is so cool! You’re much more productive on your sick days than I am! I definitely want to try these.

• kyla May 7, 2015

Ha! Sometimes…other times, not so much =) Thanks for stopping by Meredith.

81. No two will ever be the same! I love it. It would be so much fun to have a set of 4-6 all different and all beautiful. I’m so glad you linked up with us at the Creative Inspiration Link Party!! I can’t wait to see what you link up next week.

• kyla May 7, 2015

Thanks so much for stopping by Trish!

82. […] House of Hipsters […]

83. […] The first time that I made a set for myself, I used them too often and the polish began to chip after too many washings. You can try to seal the polish with a layer of clear polish, but that is up to you. Make a matching set and give them to your friends! There’s no end to the different color combinations, and the unique patterns will be loved by everyone! Try this DIY out for yourself! Check out the full tutorial and instructions over here! […]

84. […] to House of Hipsters for the very detailed instructions. Check it […]

85. […] DIY Marbled Dish Towels from Homemade Ginger […]

86. […]  Life of a Craft Crazed Mom ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  The Little Farm Diary ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Sissal Rope BasketDwell Beautiful ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  House of Hipsters  […]

87. Casey July 23, 2015

Wow those are gorgeous! You really did a great job explaining the process, and it turned out wonderful. I loved your addition of the helpful hints at the end, it will come in handy when I try this out. If you are ever looking for a different how-to on this, check this one out: https://omghow.com/articles/diy-marbled-coffee-mugs. It describes how to make a design with the nail polish in the water. Thanks so much for this detailed description, and I can’t wait to make one for myself using this technique.

88. […] to marble dip with nail […]

89. […] mugs by House of Hipsters! All you need is some cheap ceramic mugs, a plastic bin, some colourful nail polish, and some […]

90. Savannah Hayes August 29, 2015

Hey! Just wanted to let you know I shared a link to this on my blog! Great DIY! <3

• kyla August 29, 2015

This is so awesome! Thank you! =)

• kyla September 8, 2015

Awesome! Thank you soooo much!

91. […] marble dip […]

92. Maggie September 15, 2015

I tried his unfortunately I got a lot of air bubbles D: where did I go wrong?

93. urbanistaweddings October 7, 2015

Can’t wait to make this for a friend as a gift. Quick question: Is there way to ‘seal’ in the polish to make it last longer?

94. […] House of Hipsters shares a great tutorial on making these mrable dipped mugs!! How cute are these! […]

95. […] marble dip […]

96. Chloe November 5, 2015

i’m going to try this for my christmas presents!!! Quite excited to see the results:)) yours looks so pretty!

• kyla November 11, 2015

Oh do it! They are so easy! If you do, Instagram them and tag #HOHinMyHome I’d love to see them!

97. […] design, but her occasional DIY posts will leave you wanting more. My recommendation is to try the Marble Dipped Mug project if you have a little extra nail polish around. It is so cute and so […]

98. […] Marble Dipped Mug […]

99. Chloe November 25, 2015

I tried to water marble my mugs but it’s not working:( is it possible to water marble clear, transparent mugs?

100. […] Marble Dipped Mugs […]

101. […] around pinterest for a while so we decided it was time to give it a try! House of Hipsters has a great tutorial that we followed, but Karisa added her own fun twist! Can you say pinterest […]

102. […] love this DIY from House of Hispters! It’s a perfect compliment to the Day 2 Gift OR it’s perfect as a […]

103. malissa December 7, 2015

Has anyone found the polish gets flaky…does baking it help with this, or putting a gloss finish on it?

104. V December 8, 2015

Does it benefit to add dishwasher safe mod podge? any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂

105. […] Kaynak: houseofhipsters.com […]

106. […] around pinterest for a while so we decided it was time to give it a try! House of Hipsters has a great tutorial that we followed, but Karisa added her own fun twist! Can you say pinterest success? Read […]

107. […] Fonte: houseofhipsters.com […]

108. […] Image From House of Hipsters […]

109. […] Image From House of Hipsters […]

110. […] or tea, out of my favorite coffee mug (that I made thanks to the awesome instructions over at House of Hipsters!) It’s a quick and simple diy and you should head over now to see how to make one for yourself […]

111. Lori- fellow INFP January 19, 2016

is it safe to microwave these??? I want to give some of them as gifts, but I’d like to know if this is hazardous at all…

112. […] All you need is a plain mug, some nail polish (you can steal them from your girlfriends, sister, mother etc) and water and you’re good to go! Check out the tutorial here. […]

113. […] around pinterest for a while so we decided it was time to give it a try! House of Hipsters has a great tutorial that we followed, but Karisa added her own fun twist! Can you say pinterest […]

114. […] a professional watercolor job–that can be created using items you already have at home. The tutorial, which was featured on House of Hipsters, can be used for more than just your morning cup of […]

115. […] House of Hipster: Marble Dipped Mug […]

116. […] For more info, click the link: http://houseofhipsters.com/2014/09/dyi-marble-dipped-mug/ […]

117. Julie June 28, 2016

This is so cool! I have not seen this before!

118. […] Membuat Cangkir Marbel dengan Cat Kuku […]

119. Salwa July 18, 2016

Can i know the material or quality of the mug??

120. Reno Peterson August 5, 2016

I’m guessing this technique could be used for most ceramic/porcelain items? Possibly cabinet knobs and ceramic drawer pulls?

• kyla August 5, 2016

Yes! Definitely! After I did the mugs, I swear I wanted to marble everything in my house.

121. 15 Cute Marble Crafts August 23, 2016

[…] House of Hipsters shows you how to marble the surface of mugs and other kitchen porcelain using nail polish and water! You’d be surprised how easy this technique is, even though the final product is totally gorgeous. […]

122. Cool Marble Crafts August 24, 2016

123. […] me, with 85th planning, so I will need projects to keep busy this year. I’m going to try this DIY Marble Dipped Mug project, this Salted Cream Body Scrub, water colour quote images (made by yours truly), and […]

124. […] 1. Marble dipped mug from House of Hipsters […]

125. Lizzy November 6, 2016

Can I do this with glass paint or enamel craft paint instead of varnish?

126. […] Marble Dipped Mugs – These marbled dipped mugs from House of Hipsters are right on point – i love how versatile they are – you can play around with […]

127. Friday, post 2 | Sew Nerd November 25, 2016

[…] are heaps of DIYs out there that tell you how to make gorgeous marbled mugs with nail polish. I already have a […]