Floor Flair

While working on the master bedroom makeover, I had a new phrase introduced to me by the one and only Jen Harrison aka @fleamarketfab the other weekend. Floor flair. I thought it was the coolest new adjective ever. What is it you ask? Simply put, glamorous floor accessories that are so rad they might make you cry. Rugs, tile, paint, wood…if it makes you so incredibly happy that you ball like a baby, yep, that’s floor flair. Here, let me show you a bit of pinsperation.

Lately I’ve been having a love affair with rugs. I’ve always shied away from them in the past, but right now, I can’t get enough. The other day I scored a 1930’s vintage hand knotted Persian rug for the kitchen on eBay…super cheap…and there was no WAY I could pass it up. The UPS man keeps bringing floor flair to my door and The Boy keeps asking where I’m stashing it all. To be honest, I’m starting to run out of rooms. It all started with the West Elm Souk Rug here. It opened my heart to all the warmth floor flair can bring to a space.

In honor of floor flair and @fleamarketfab, here’s a bit more floor flair that’s been stealing my heart and occupying my mind.

I just love how dramatic that dark wall is and the extra pop of awesome the checker board tile seems. The moodiness and all the greenery! Clutch the pearls and catch me I’m falling.

It doesn’t really matter the room, adding a bit of floor flair can give your space that extra punch it needs to take it to a whole new level. It gives your space the extra pop. Where have you added it?

1. Alexandria May 6, 2015

I absolutely love the first rug! It has so much spunk, design and color. I would love to incorporate something like that into my household.

• kyla May 7, 2015

I think it’s the pink…am I right? I’m just dying over it too.

2. Kat May 6, 2015

I never even think about the floor when decorating a room… I just figure what’s there is there. So, thanks for the inspiration!

xoxo
    Kat

• kyla May 7, 2015

I never liked rugs until about a year or so ago. I never wanted to be so committed to a pattern. After my first rug purchase though, I was sold. They really can make a room! Thanks for stopping over Kat!

3. leah May 6, 2015

I love the first rug too! My rugs are so plain and functional. This would be so fun!

• kyla May 7, 2015

Oy! That first rug is just to die for! Thanks for stopping by Leah!

4. Wow, I love these rugs, Great inspiration!

• kyla May 7, 2015

Thanks Ilona! And thank you so much for stopping by!

5. I love the first rug! It would be perfect in my foyer!

• kyla May 7, 2015

I’m drooling over that rug as well!

6. lauryn hock May 8, 2015

I would take any of those rooms, they are decorated to perfection!

7. […] be my favorite printable to date. Please check it out and give it a download. I also wrote about floor flair. Ya, I didn’t know what it was either. And one REALLY important announcement. I’m going […]

8. […] forget this floor flair you all went nuts over the other day. A vintage Persian or tribal rug can be a great way to start […]

9. Diane December 22, 2016

looking for rugs as you post above, the pink person/turkish style. Any recommendations on where to buy online? Want to put a rug like that in a large very white bathroom…add some flare!!!!

• Colleen March 19, 2017

I need this rug in my large white bathroom too? Any luck finding it?

10. Becca Smith July 10, 2017

Where can I purchase the first rug?