New Year’s Resolutions 2015

I normally don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but this year I’ve made an exception. Since this blog has grown, I have new expectations of myself. New ideas. New ways of thinking. I’ve learned a few lessons. Some good. Some bad. I’ve tried resolutions in the past only to fail, falling flat on my face. This time around I’ve decided to make resolutions that are realistic and attainable. Goals I know I can conquer and feel good about. I’m planning out my life a bit more to make room for the little things that matter the most.

New Year's Resolutions

MORE AFTER THE JUMP

1. Put my phone away during family time. Since I started House Of Hipsters, I’ve been horrible with this. I need to leave my phone in my bag until the kids go night-night.

2. Finish the guest bedroom including painting it white. This room started off with grand plans, but slowly fizzled. I need to get at this one.

3. Drink more water. I sit with a huge tumbler next to me and barely touch it. Maybe I need to set a timer as a reminder.

4. Get organized. I’m planning out a monthly editorial calendar to keep HOH focused. This one is big. I feel that I lost a bit of my home decor focus and I need to reel that back in. I want the content this year to be fresh and fun. Most of all, I want you to enjoy it.

5. Use my DSLR more. I love taking photos and since last August, I’ve been really good at this. I just need to continue.

New Year's Resolutions

6. Try to find one more day in the week to get to the gym. I use to go every Tuesday during lunch. I need to get back at it. That will make a regular 3 days a week schedule again.

7. Start up the House of Hipsters Fitness Club! Yes! This has been in the works for a while now. I just need to pull the trigger. More to come on this soon!

8. Read from a book at night and put down the iPad. The next book club book will be a paperback! Pinky swearing this. Enough blue light before bedtime.

9. Look up to myself more often. I don’t do that enough. The Boy is super supportive of HOH and is constantly praising me for it.

10. Practice the breathing exercises from my acupuncturist. Try to let go of the anxiety that build up. Know that if I’m anxious, that feeling in my stomach is just a passing guest. This too shall pass.

So do you think I can keep these goals? Are they realistic and attainable? I really hope so. I’d love to hear how you guys keep your resolutions and if you have any tips on helping me keep mine. Please share your comments in the field below. I bet we all of us could use the extra motivation and help!

2015 Calendar by Brown Linen Design
Large Monthly Planner by Poketo

New Year's Resolutions and Goals

Linking up with The Nectar Collective

1. Love your goals! Maybe we can challenge each other on the guest room thing?! It’s been on my list as well.

• kyla January 5, 2015

Challenge accepted Ashley! Let’s do it (although you’re going to kick my fanny). I hope you had a great holiday!

2. Anna @Annabode January 5, 2015

You can do it! I’ve found that the easiest way to achieve goals is to do them in baby steps. If you only focus on one resolution per month/two weeks/etc., rather than all of them at one, you can actually build good habits and stay with them. Good luck! I especially need to do #1–I am a horrible cell-phone offender. Keeping it in our bags sounds like a good idea to me!

Happy New Year!

3. Grace @ The Big Reveal January 5, 2015

Yay! I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings. And, I am with you on painting the bedroom white. I am pretty much planning to paint the entire house white. I never, ever want to see this tan ever again. (Can never seeing tan again be a resolution?:)

4. Jennifer @ Brave New Home January 6, 2015

Great goals and yes, I think you can do it!

I’ve always been horrible about drinking water and now I drink about half my weight in ounces a day. What made a difference for me was drinking from a straw (goes so much faster than sipping it!) and using bigger vessels to contain my water. My cup with the straw is crazy big so I only need two of them or so a day. Knowing exactly how much I’m drinking and how much I am supposed to drink made all the difference cause now I’m not just aimlessly filling up cups. Oh, and I did a Pavlov’s dog trick on myself. I would drink water ever time I nurse my little one so now I actually feel thirsty consistently through the day. Hope those tips help! I used to be so bad about drinking water (and would even get treated for dehydration) that now that I figured it out I feel like I hafta share the good news, haha.

• kyla January 6, 2015

You know, I just got a freebie glass at work and it’s a plastic mason jar with a straw in it. I’ve only used it a few times, but I thought I was drinking more. I think this is going to be my new cup! Thanks for the tip! And where were you when I was nursing my little ones. I so should have drank water while nursing. That is brilliant.

5. Great goals and totally do-able! You got this! I’m loving the book club plan – count me in!

• kyla January 6, 2015

Excellent! So glad you’ll be joining us! And I’m drinking my water now =)

6. Alexa Frank January 8, 2015

Hey girl,
    I should probably share some of these new years resolutions with you. Starting with drinking more water, I used to use this app and it actually helped, you can set your personal water bottle on here with however big it is and set alarms to remind you to drink more if you’re slacking 🙂 Here is the link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/waterlogged-drink-more-water/id352199775?mt=8

7. Brandy Lea January 9, 2015

I made only one resolution for 2015 and that is to read something—anything that is not on my phone at least once a day. A magazine, a book, a cookbook etc. Don’t get me wrong, I will still use my phone daily but I need to put it down just for a bit each day

8. Laurie January 10, 2015

You CAN do these things; healthy goals and important for sure! Cutting down on blue screen time is definitely one of mine too. I want to be mindfully present with my family as well. I’ve gotten off FB for a while to help me do this. (If I don’t sign out, I found I still checked it just as often…..I don’t have a small business or blog link that I update. But I love to see friends pics, so I check once a week or so:) Speaking of blogs, I’d love to start a blog just to track my memories, milestones, and hard knocks in life. Not sure where and how to start one(I can google:), but if you have any tips, I’d love it! Journaling and creative writing has always been a passion of mine, that good old paper and pen feels nice! You spoke of acupuncture too, and I’d love to get into a few breathing/meditation moments again. Acupuncture was one of the best things I found to help me relax and see actual physical changes to my body when we were having fertility issues. My acupuncturist was another angel in my life:) I’d love to hear any go to breathing exercises you have…email?:) Sorry so long, thanks the New Year’s inspirations!

9. Laurie January 10, 2015

Oh! And I’ve actually started reading a book since I put down my blue screen a bit more these days! I found I did have some time:)! Thanks for that nudge!

• kyla January 12, 2015

YEAH for a tiny bit of reading time!

10. Jenn February 11, 2015

This seems like a pretty manageable list of goals for the year, all you have to do to accomplish them is keep them on your mind and continue working on them 🙂

I’m trying to drink more water and get more exercise as well, and keeping a monthly blog editorial calendar does help out a lot to keep on track with blogging!

• kyla February 11, 2015

I’m the worst at drinking water. Apparently there is an app with a timer. I think that is going to be my next step =) Thanks for stopping by Jenn!