Pink & Green Modern Living Room

Sometimes I like to play if I had a million dollars, I might makeover my living room. Late at night I start scrolling through Pinterest and get lost for hours. The other day, a funky green tufted sofa caught my eye, and it got me thinking. That beauty would look mighty fine combo’d up with a pretty pink somethin’ somethin’. About 3 hours later, this is what I came up with…because when you’re unemployed, you have time to be creative and play around.

Pink and green living room moodboard with hits of gold

And now that we will all singing Barenaked Ladies for the remainder of the day, let’s gather up all our monopoly money, play pretend, and spend that paper.

Pink and green living room moodboard with hits of gold

A funky bold chartreuse (that I’m pretty much obsessed with…it’s modular, lounge-y, and comes in every color under the sun), pretty pale pink, hits of gold and my favorite little Franco Albini stool. Yup, I went down the rabbit hole through twists and turns, and ultimately this is what I came up with.

Because I’m still having a love affair with the wallpaper in the basement bathroom, I couldn’t resist adding the metallic color way of the palms in this moodboard. Although, all that shine might be a bit much for an entire room. I’m thinking  just one accent wall would be a statement maker…meh, depends on the space I guess.

1- Metallic Palm Frond Wallpaper   |   2- Pretty Pink Sofa   |   3- Fancy Vintage Mirror   |   4- Abstract Wall Art   |   5- Chartreuse Sofa   |   6- Nubby Pillow   |   7- Black & White Pillow   |   8- Wrap Bench   |   9- Gold Vessel   |   10- Black & White Vessel   |   11- Franco Ottoman   |   12- Ivory Area Rug

I doubt this space will ever come to fruition, but maybe you’ll find something you love, have to have, and it eventually lands in your room. Do you ever play pretend like this?

1. Mary August 9, 2017

As soon as the hubs gets hit by a bus, I’m taking the insurance money & having you re-do my living room!

• kyla August 16, 2017

Bahahahahaha, well, let’s hope that doesn’t happen =) LOL

2. Shibani August 10, 2017

This is my favorite game to play!! I also like pretend planning trips that have no budget!

• kyla August 16, 2017

I’m so glad I’m not the only one!

3. Chris August 10, 2017

I really like your choices above. They are fun, and unique, and are my favorite type of decorations. I really like the mirror and vases you chose! Always have been a big fan of mirrors and vases. They really make a room look great!

• kyla August 16, 2017

That mirror is definitely one of my favorites!

4. Liam Bryan August 17, 2017

I’m in love with this style but really this table is just stunning! You chose great details that look awesome when put together and are really funny.

• kyla August 17, 2017

Thanks Liam! Maybe someday I’ll actually make it real =)

5. Colorninterior August 18, 2017

This living room is looking really great with these beautiful decor items. I love all these decor items and especially the wrap bench the most. Thanks for sharing your ideas and inspiration!

6. Bobbi August 19, 2017

I play this game all the time! Someday, I might have the money to actually make some of these designs ‘real’. But, for now, I’ll enjoy just designing the space. I love your mood board, by the way.

7. August Bank Holiday Sale August 22, 2017

Love your style. I like your pink green modern living room.

8. Sean Mahan August 22, 2017

Really good choices! You have a wonderful taste to decoration!