Vintage Scores — Hallway Decor

I fell in love with a blue chair last Fall. The Savoy Flea posted it to her Instagram and the velvety goodness caught my eye…my heart skipped a beat. A couple months later, I made my way down to the shop. The entire drive into the city I wondered if the pretty blue peacock chair had sold…I rang the bell, walked in and finally saw her in person. She took my breath away. Another customer walked over and touched her. Laser beams shot out of my eyes and every fiber of my being wanted to scream back off!

I didn’t dare sit in her for fear i’d never leave. It was pure torture to walk out the door.

Hallway Decor - Vintage Peacock Blue Velvet Louis XV Fauteuil Chair Nude Sketches Disco Ball via House Of Hipsters

Now the last thing I need in the house is another chair. In fact, before we moved, The Boy noticed I had amassed 58 chairs. Yes, you read that right…58 CHAIRS…insert monkey covering its eyes emoji. He held an intervention and told me he would be strictly enforcing a one in, one out policy. I had respected that for some time…it was time to break some rules.

I thought about it the peacock chair for weeks and told myself, even if you bought her, you have no place to put it Kyla. But the pretty velvet goodness was just so good I couldn’t shake it. Finally I texted Marianne. “I need the blue chair.” I practically screamed it at my phone. She was floored because my text was so random, and she had no idea I was crushing so hard.

I drove down a few days later to pick up my beauty…still pondering on where I might place her. Stuck in traffic, driving home it finally came to me. Top of the stairs. Hallway decor on fleek!

I was working on an idea for a large gallery wall with nude drawings from a sketchbook. A find from a recent estate sale. A sketchbook I almost missed…decrepit, old, and yellowed. Discarded in a cabinet with a bunch of papers and reciepts. I opened it up and slowly flipped through the brittle pages. Black and white charcoal drawings and watercolors. These babes would look amazing in a grid format. Simple frames.

Thorsten hung the frames, and I fell in love with the whole scene immediately, but there was one thing missing…The Savoy Flea special plus the best advice from Marianne…always add a disco ball. What do you think?

1. Katie April 19, 2017

Ditch the disco ball. LOVE everything else. Maybe add a plant.

2. Pam Tanner April 19, 2017

I agree with Katie! :0)

3. beckwith campbell April 20, 2017

I have a beaded sparkly pillow sitting in one of my walnut mid century cane back chairs. Just adds a touch of “hum”…simple but eye catching and same affect. Maybe a small glittery pillow rather than the disco ball

4. Shelly Mathes April 20, 2017

That chair looks grand and love your nudes. Perfect!

5. Kathie Perkins April 20, 2017

Completely AWESOME!! Every single detail… I haven’t forgotten you – no idea where the time goes. Soon!

6. Kathie Perkins April 20, 2017

BTW – I laughed out loud about the laser beams shooting out of your eyes… I’ve done that MANY times too! Hahaha

7. Melissa April 20, 2017

Gah! This is so good! I love that blue velvet and those nudes are such a great find and look beautiful in the grid pattern.

8. Charlotte Lindsay April 21, 2017

Those sketches were such an amazing find; calming, unique, and personal. The perfect wall decor. The chair also adds a fun flair, although I can not say I am an advocate for the disco ball but that is personal taste!

9. Kathy April 25, 2017

Those are throwaway life drawings on newsprint that I am sure are hiding away in many a closet. I never had the courage to frame and display mine, or my anatomical drawings which can be a bit creepy. They do look great displayed that way. Too bad you can’t put a little plaque up to credit the artist.

10. karen sunday April 30, 2017

I love it all!! those nudes are so cool!! I have a disco ball and even tho it might not be everyones cup of tea it makes me happy and it makes my space mine. Thank you Jesus I don’t buy everything everyone else has like the home interior parties of the 80’s lol keep up the good work, karen S

11. Joan S May 5, 2017

I love everything, including the Disco Ball! Nothing wrong with a little touch of whimsy.

12. Furntastic May 10, 2017

I am in love with the chair, it’s just very beautiful. Those sketches are also nice.

13. George May 18, 2017

You really got an eye for interior designs. Thanks for sharing them.

14. Unimax Creative May 24, 2017

wow nice interior design.
    your way is different from other designers.