Cocktail Recipe – Wild Indie Mule – Moscow Mule Twist

I suddenly realized that I haven’t shared any of my favorite boozy beverages with you guys! What kind of friend am I?!?! To make it up to you, today I’m going to share my most favorite of them all because I am the self proclaimed cocktail recipe queen. The Wild Indie Mule which is a fun twist on the Moscow Mule. And I must be honest, I finally perfected this fun little number from a restaurant we like to frequent. It pays to make friends with the bartender at The Saddle Room.

Cocktail Recipe. A fun take on the Moscow Mule. This fun libation is called a Wild Indie Mule . Since it uses a cordial called HUM, it has a botanical taste. Amazing and delicious for any cocktail party signature drink or happy hour fun. Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint. A splash of ginger beer or ginger syrup gives it that Moscow Mule kick.

I had a plan to get this scrumptious cocktail in before the end of August, but I blinked, and now it’s mid September. Oh summer, where did you go? But, let’s be honest. Does it have to be 90° to have a cold beverage on the patio? Ummmm. No. Not. At. All. In fact, these are so tasty, I’d gladly have 2 in a polar vortex…ok, I’m totally lying here. No one likes a polar vortex…but you know what I mean.

Like I said, I’m a big fan of the Moscow Mule, but any libation that gives a twist on a classic; well, I’m jumping in heads first to try it. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. As long as you go easy on the HUM, this one is a winner, winner, chicken dinner. If you are unfamiliar with it, HUM is a botanical spirit, and I’ve never tasted anything like it. I wouldn’t say it’s an acquired taste, but use it sparingly. Kinda like salt…you can always add more.

I’ll bet you are wishing you were sipping on one of these bad boys right now. The Wild Indie Mule is an absolute MUST make! So if you are feeling like you are in a festive mood, go whip one of these fancy cocktails together immediately and that means no dilly-dallying! Get at them already!

And before I leave you with the recipe, I have to make a special mention about these fabby brass arrows. Yes, they are really brass. Yes they are fabulous. Yes I love them with all my heart. So a special thank you to loulou mint. If you don’t know her, she owns a great Etsy shop and thankfully (for me) keeps a special eye out for items she thinks her customers might dig. Oh, and when you get a package from her, she always give you sweet surprise and a handwritten note. So loulou mint girl, I’m sending you a HUGE virtual hug darling! These drink arrows are a new favorite in the house! Here, get a closer looksy. And you can keep an eye on her Instagram for sneak peeks of what’s to come.

Wild Indie Mule

YIELDS 1 SERVING

INGREDIENTS

• 2 oz Citrus Vodka (I personally like Belvedere or Grey Goose)
• 1/2 oz HUM Liqueur
• 1 oz Ginger Syrup (or Ginger Beer can be substituted)
• 1 oz Lemon Juice
• Fresh Mint
• Fresh Cilantro
• Lemon (for garnish)

INSTRUCTIONS

• In a shaker, muddle mint, cilantro and lemon juice.
• Add ice, vodka, HUM and ginger syrup to shaker, shake for 15 seconds or so to get it good and cold.
• Fill cocktail glass with ice and strain shaker contents into each glass.
• Garnish with a lemon.

Wild Indie Mule

1. louloumint October 2, 2014

Kyla, My sincerest thanks for featuring me on HOH today! Your styling skills are amazing as well as your writing and photography! God bless you!

@louloumint9260

• kyla October 2, 2014

Thank you so much for the brass arrows! I absolutely LOVE them!

2. laura irion October 5, 2014

Kyla, this sounds delicious! And your photography and styling is absolutely gorgeous…and I noticed the arrows immediately. Soooooooo pretty.

• kyla October 5, 2014

The arrows are killing me. They are soooo pretty I’m afraid to use them! LouLouMint did me good by these!

3. ATasteOfMadness October 6, 2014

Your photography is gorgeous!!

• kyla October 6, 2014

Wow! Thank you so much for the sweet comment!

4. Sierra & Faith October 7, 2014

This looks amazing! We are definitely on the mule kick and this one we will have to try. Thank you for sharing 🙂 Stopping by from the Totally Terrific Link Up.

• kyla October 7, 2014

Thanks ladies! The mules are so good and this is by far one of my favorites! Let me know how you like it! Thanks for hosting!

5. Ashley Lopez October 7, 2014

Thanks for sharing over on the Home Work Link Up today! This sounds delicious, I am going to make sure I follow you!! I love featuring drinks on my site too, every friday. Stop by sometime. xoxo

6. kyla October 8, 2014

Awe Melaine, YOU my lady are too sweet. I’m not sure how you ended up here either, but I’m glad you did. And I’m by FAR NOT FAMOUS. SOOOOOO not famous. I’m just a girl in her basement who really likes to blog =) Glad you stopped by and I hope you come back again =)

7. Lauren October 9, 2014

I always love a good cocktail recipe! I am going to pin this one! Glad to connect on the merry monday link party! 🙂

8. Ginnie October 9, 2014

This sounds so good! I’m really curious to try Hum; never heard of it. Thanks for sharing:)

• kyla October 9, 2014

Hi Ginny! Thanks for stopping by! A little HUM goes a long way, but it’s delicious! If you make it, you’ll have to let me know how you like it!

9. Nancherrow October 10, 2014

I’m smacking my lips just looking at the photos! This pretty little drink looks light and perfect for a party. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
    Nancherrow

10. […] kick off the weekend with a cocktail! This Wild Indie Mule from House of Hipsters sounds so good. […]

11. Jennifer @ Brave New Home October 11, 2014

Yum, this looks so refreshing and tasty. I’ve been looking for that one special cocktail whose ingredients you always purposely have on hand and I think I’m going to look for some of that Hum (never heard of it before). Plus, since ginger is an ingredient it practically qualifies as a health drink ; ]

• kyla October 11, 2014

Thanks for stopping by Jennifer! I had to go to an actual liquor store to find it. If you try it, you’ll have to tell me what you think of it! <3 Kyla

12. Lou Lou Girls October 11, 2014

This looks fabulous! Pinned. We couldn’t think of anyone better to party with! Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

13. Joanne T Ferguson October 12, 2014

Gday Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty and ponned
    Please revisit and say G’day to the hosts and another person at the party if you already haven’t You can pin up to 3 each week! Cheers! Joanne What’s On The List?

14. Amanda @ The Kolb Corner October 12, 2014

It’s never too cold to enjoy a good beverage 😉 And here in Texas, it’s still 90 degrees some days! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday! This looks delicious.

• kyla October 12, 2014

Oh Amanda! You are soooo right! And I’m very jealous of your 90° weather right now. I have the heat…boo!

15. Jessica October 12, 2014

I always enjoy your posts! This looks so yummy and you take great photos! Thanks for linking up at Totally Terrific Tuesday. Make sure you come back Monday night at 10pm to link up any new posts!!

• kyla October 13, 2014

Awe! Thanks Jessica! And yes! I’ll be there tonight with bells on!

16. […] “Cocktail Time” over at House of Hipsters and I’m totally excited about […]

17. Leigh Anne October 15, 2014

Well, HELLOOOO! Yumminess! Thanks for sharing at Link It or Lump It this week 🙂

• kyla October 15, 2014

Thanks for stopping by Leigh Ann and thanks for hosting!

18. Michelle October 26, 2014

Yum, this sounds really good – I love a tasty cocktail. I’m sure I could work in my homemade ginger ale (just posted the recipe) too! You have great taste in vodka too, belvedere is my favourite!

• kyla October 26, 2014

Ok, this is funny, I was seriously just over at your blog oogling your magic cake!

19. Mitzi Curi October 27, 2014

That looks like a great recipe, and your photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Make It Monday!

• kyla October 27, 2014

Thanks for hosting such a great party Mitzi! And thank you for the sweet compliments =)

20. […] no you didn’t! Say it’s not so! Okay, so not judging. Jump on over to my Wild Indie Mule cocktail recipe or check out a Wisconsin classic, The Brandy Old […]

21. […] But, if you’re new and just happened to land here today by pure luck, be sure to check out The Indie Wild Mule, the classic Wisconsin Old-Fashioned and of course The Poor Liza if you’re throwing The […]

22. […] Go home, grab a cup of coffee, Diet Coke or a Wild Indie Mule (I like to give options) and […]

23. Vickie May 6, 2015

My colleague and I are on a business trip in Madison, Wisconsin this week. My colleague has an affinity for Moscow Mules too and I had one or two this week myself. This recipe looks like a great variation. I’ll be sure to share the recipe with her.

• kyla May 7, 2015

Ahhhh! You’re near my hometown! I’m from Baraboo, WI and Madison is one of my old hangs. Have a great time. It’s an awesome town!

24. […] Grab a coffee, Diet Coke or a Wild Indie Mule (I like to give options), hang and […]

25. […] House of Hipsters: Cocktail […]